Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Every night after midnight, we hear the quick footsteps running from across the hall. And then my sweet little one quickly climbs into bed beside me, pulls the covers up to his neck and falls back asleep as if he had never sprinted from one room to the next. We snuggle every. single. night. I am forever grateful that Aubrey documented how much room I get in the bed, when he snapped the above picture it at 4am before going into work. We gave up on the crib early on when Oscar was a baby, and we always co-slept. Now, he falls asleep in his own bed in his room - and sleeps soundly until late at night, when it's just habit to crawl into bed with me. I pick my battles, and having him sleep in his own bed isn't one of them. :)
I use big box store frames throughout my home and hack them by either getting new mats cut, removing the matting all together, or painting the matting. (See a whole bunch of posts here) I've switched around my living room over here and soon you'll see a lot of examples of how I've used the tricks of hacking frames in my own home.
I wanted to share this trick of using Ikea's 9" x 9" Ribba Frame that I think isn't used a lot in homes, as it's tricky to find art for it. It's also a shadow box frame, but I use it most commonly as a frame without matting, and push the art to the front of the glass. I think it's the sweetest little frame and with thinking outside the box it works as a great frame for a little ones room or as part of a gallery wall. I created this little video for my shop to show how my 8.5" x 11" prints work even in this small frame - you just need to trust yourself with some scissors! :)
Monday, April 14, 2014
Occasionally you meet people and you just *click*. I met Stacey Davis, the owner of LoveFresh when we had booths across from one another at a recent gift show. A mutual friend said that we should connect and well...that was that! First of all - Stacey is a ridiculously amazing business woman, who is so inspiring to listen to. We had coffee last week and talked business, kids, gift shows. She's really the nicest person ever. And her products - oh my. So good. I have her Lemon Verbena line (I'm obsessed with Lemon) and it is so yummy. I had a bath every night and use the Lemon Verbena Wash and Body Butter. If you went to the One of a Kind Show, you may have shopped her booth! Anyhow, I wanted to continue highlighting some Canadian brands that I love and lucky for you, Stacey has given me a treat for you to potentially grab for yourself.I feel like Oprah's Favourite Things Show ---- Except I don't think I'll be able to gift you a car. So you'll have to settle for the best body lotions ever.
Enter to win: Lotion, Body Scrub, Body Butter and Body Wash in a scent of your choice! Wheeee!
How to enter: Visit LoveFresh and see their line and let me know what scent you'd likely pick! Follow LoveFresh on Instagram, come back and comment again to let me know you did! Same thing goes for Facebook.
LoveFresh online at Chapters / Indigo (in store too), Brika, as well as online at LoveFresh.com
Posted by Lindsay at 12:58 PM
Sunday, April 13, 2014
I have a long list of things that I've purchased that I adore that I've wanted to blog about but seriously the list is forever growing and, there aren't enough hours in a day to write individual posts. (And I seriously didn't want to devote a whole post to a camera bag, even though I love it so) I thought I would just do a shout out to things I've purchased that I've loved and want to recommend. From decor items to my obsession with cleaning tools - here are some of my favourite things...
- This throw from West Elm for the basement makeover / switch up. I adore the colours. [Instagramed here]
- This pillow from Etsy again, for the basement makeover. I just bought one to satisfy my obsession with his fabrics. [Instagramed here] Ps., I bought the "Faded on Hemp"
- This steam cleaner for the house. I'm addicted to cleaning tools and this one is worth it. They don't seem to sell it in Canada so I had to get it on Ebay. This is great for toilets, especially when you have kids potty training. Or just boys living in your house. Blast away any guck around hinges etc. Although you can't get this one in Canada unless you go to Ebay, you can find similar models available. I just really liked this one and have been happy with it.
- This vacuum. It has replaced this vacuum and I couldn't be happier. It is quiet, light weight, and powerful. Love it!
- This camera bag, I bought it for the trip to the Dominican and I love it. Small, yet large enough to fit an extra lens + extras. I highly recommend it as a camera bag for travel.