Aubrey finished the three privacy screens in our backyard today. Yippee!
One is in the very far left (hard to see), one the middle, and one closest to us in the photo. They are evenly spaced through the garden. This actually concludes all projects in the yard, except for landscaping with plants or adding in other "pre-bought" items. No more building in the garden. :)
To recap, we wanted to build these privacy screens in our backyard for the following reasons
(a) to hide the chain link fence. (Bleh, I think it's ugly)
(b) to get some privacy from our neighbours garden and
(c) to add some more weight to this side of the garden, as the other side got a full fence last summer. It seemed "uneven" to have all the wood on one side of the yard.
You see, we did ask this neighbour if she would ever be interested in a fence, and she said no, as a fence would cast shade on her lawn. So we went this route, as the privacy screens don't cast little shade (if any) on her lawn, but are a nice visual interest for us.
They were easy enough to create, and the three in total cost around $300. We don't have full privacy from the other yard, it will take some more plants and another summer of the existing plans I planted to grow in, but it's a step in the right direction.
To remind you, this is what our garden looked like when we bought it. (I was deseperately trying to fix the lawn as you can see)
And this is where we are at now...
(To see all garden posts click here)