Sunday, April 17, 2011

A modern approach to the Easter Egg

We are lucky to live within walking distance to the Beach, something I hadn't fully appreciated how much I would love when we bought our house. Last week, my little brother and his lovely girlfriend visited Oscar and I, and we trotted down to the Beach to grab a drink and walk along the boardwalk. And, of course, search for beach glass by the water. While searching for beach glass and I noticed that a lot of rocks looked like eggs. And, I thought to myself...Easter!
 
So Oscar and I collected some, and brought them home, washed them, and pulled out the paints I had actually bought earlier that day - not realizing they would come in handy for my project. While Oscar napped, I proceeded to paint the rocks. 

It was neat, the rocks soaked in the paint, so there was still a natural element poking through. If you wanted richer colours a second and third coat would do the trick. Or, you could prime them first.

I loved how they turned out.  

I adore these, it could have proven to be a disaster, but seeing them grouped together makes a modern display. Perfect for Easter decor. And for those wondering about Oscar, they are out of arms reach for obvious reasons. ;)

1 comments :

Lett said...

What kind of paints did you use?

Post a Comment

HOWDY! Comments on this blog have been disabled as we've moved blogs.
To comment on this blog post, simply look at the web address of this post and select http://aubreyandlindsay.blogspot.ca/ and delete it and replace it with www.lindsaystephenson.com/blog/ and you will be brought to the exact same post, over on our new site - where you can comment and we'll reply!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.