Wednesday, May 18, 2011

an Ikea frame hack, inspired by Sarah Richardson

When I visited the 2011 Interior Design Show I fell in love for the pink flamingo print in a bright yellow frame in Sarah and Theo Richardson's booth. It combined two colours, Honeysuckle which is the colour of the year, but also with Yellow, the colour of the Summer. :) The print, purchased at Chair Table Lamp wasn't available for purchase but the inspiration was ignited and I set out to find a way to have the print.


I found the print online at AllPosters.com and sprayed the IKEA Ribba (40 x 50cm) frame yellow with Valspar Gloss Yellow Paint from Lowes.

Because I'm particular, I replaced the matting that the IKEA frame came with, with a new white mat that I cut on my mat cutter, choosing to rest the print ontop of the mat, instead of behind it. I love, love it.

Goes to show you how you can hack a simple IKEA frame with a can of spray paint.


TIP: Choosing the Print High vs. Low
The 30 x 41 size print is from
AllPosters.com at $39.95. There are a number of John Audubon Flamingo Prints to choose from, ranging from $12.99 and up, but I'm really in love with the print I have, the print colours are stunning, and the paper quality is a gorgeous watercolour paper. The one I chose was item #6269792  Edit: Since buying the print, the price went up from $39.95 to $49.95 (not sure why) but they often have sales.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...



Also ѵisit my рage ... marketing agency

Anonymous said...

After looking at a handful of the blog posts on your
site, I seriously appreciate your way of writing a blog. I saved as
a favorite it to my bookmark site list and
will be checking back soon. Please visit my web site as
well and tell me how you feel.

Have a look at my page :: waist hip ratio calculator

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.

I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know.

The layout look great though! Hope you get the problem solved soon.
Kudos

My blog post: oily skin care

Anonymous said...

One can be sure that however expert these nine justices are in matters of law, they know almost nothing about best price on call of duty black
ops. As the plot unfolds, Denton becomes entangled in a deep and ancient
conspiracy, encountering organizations such as Majestic 12, the Illuminati, and the information
learned is true and things can also be very beneficial.


My site - call of duty future warfare

Post a Comment

I love comments. If you disagree with something I've said, or would like to add something thoughtful to the discussion, I'd love to hear it! Please refrain from rudeness. Points can be made in thoughtful, considerate ways.