Tuesday, October 16, 2012

when blog content shifts .....


A few weeks ago I was talking with a girlfriend and the topic of blogs came up. Although many of my friends don't have blogs of their own, like me they like to read a few favorites and it occasionally sparks interesting conversation. During one conversation a friend remarked that a blogger had gone from being one of her favorites to one that she really disliked. Her frustration was that the author's writing style and content had changed.

Obviously that conversation made me reflect on my own blog. But it also made me reflect on the relationship between blogger & reader. Seeing as you read at least one blog, you may be interested in this conversation, how it evolved in my brain and some info about my blog content....


Many blogger start off with a theme such as weddings, baby, or renovating and over time their content ends up shifting. In some cases, bloggers do dramatic changes like focusing majorly on monetizing their blogs. Although content changes are natural (and totally acceptable) The problem with these "shifts" is that when they happen the relationship between reader and blogger is at risk of being jeopardized. And in the case of my friend  - she found this particular bloggers content change frustrating and the relationship was, well, over.

I came to the conclusion that the relationships between bloggers and reader to be much like real  friendships - overtime lives/interests change and if you're good friends you'll continue to find what the other has to say interesting. On the other hand it's possible that a a "friendship" may not withstand a shift in in blog content.

So how does this relate this to my blog? If you've read my blog for awhile you'll know that since 2008 I've written about things that have love or have inspired me. But for the last year my life, and therefore my blog content, was dominated by a major kitchen renovation. Now as I wrap up this renovation I'm feeling mentally clearer to be inspired by other things and want to document them. But - here is the tricky thing .... The shift back to writing about my other passions after more than a year of talking about kitchens has me feeling awkward. So because of the conversation with my friend and realizing that there is a interesting relationship between you and I, I felt it important to address that I'm shifting back to writing about totally random stuff I love and feel inspired by. Because that's what my blog is all about.

Anyhow, such a silly post but I thought that it needed addressing that my content is shifting back. And I hope that perhaps you will still find this little blog interesting. :)

Here is to fresh starts. :)

 xo Lindsay

Photo: I needed a photo to go with this post - for the life of me I couldn't think of what to put. So I thought I'd post some art that I've been doing because I feel more inspired to "create" these days. xo 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rаnk your Youtube Viԁeos at httр://youtubeгаnking.
top-information.nеt/ -> Just $5 a Video!
Have a look at my site : Get Fit While You Sit.

Anonymous said...

Also, it could only require a little over three years
to complete. A couple of major accrediting agencies encompass most of those.
Although a lot of massage clients to prefer to be quiet during the massage and just
enjoy the relaxing massage in silence, there are also those that
like to strike a conversation with the masseuse, which gives you the opportunity
to learn more about your clients and build a good
professional relationship with them.
Also visit my homepage - psychotherapy and counseling in the treatment of drug abuse

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
I'm hoping to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost
on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like
Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out
there that I'm totally overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Bless you!

My web site; optoisolator ic

Anonymous said...

Hi outstanding website! Does running a blog such as this take a massive amount work?

I've very little knowledge of programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyhow, should you have any recommendations or techniques for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic nevertheless I just had to ask. Thank you!

my blog ... what do silicon chips do in computers

Anonymous said...

Superb blog you have here but I was wondering
if you knew of any discussion boards that cover the same
topics discussed in this article? I'd really like to be a part of community where I can get comments from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks!

Look into my site; International Dance Shoes Ballroom

Anonymous said...

Hey your web site url: http://www.blogger.

com/comment.g?blogID=4606682639023284446&postID=4651475682453191743
seems to be redirecting to a completely different site when I
click the home-page button. You may want to have this checked.


Have a look at my homepage: furnished apartments for rent naples florida

Anonymous said...

Keep on writing, great job!

Also visit my web site Height To Waist Ratio

Anonymous said...

I like it when individuals come together and share ideas.

Great site, stick with it!

my site; diets that work

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to find out what blog system you're using? I'm having some minor security problems with my latest site and I'd like to find something more safe.
Do you have any solutions?

my homepage; discreetphysici13.newsvine.com

Anonymous said...

Whats up are using Wordpress for your site platform?
I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set up my
own. Do you require any coding knowledge to make your
own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!

Visit my homepage ... weekly furnished rentals phoenix

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using
for this website? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've
had problems with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

my homepage ... vacation rentals san diego beach front

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm genuinely enjoying the design and style of your website. Are you using a custom made theme or is this freely available to all users? If you do not want to say the name of it out in the public, please make sure to contact me at: karolyn_stroup@yahoo.de. I'd absolutely love to get my hands
on this template! Thank you.

My blog post; refrigerator locks home depot

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this site. It's simple, yet effective.

A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and visual appeal. I must say that you've
done a superb job with this. Also, the blog loads super fast for me on Opera.

Exceptional Blog!

Feel free to surf to my site ... frigidaire stove repair

Anonymous said...

I am not in a position to view this website correctly on chrome I believe
there's a drawback

Feel free to surf to my page :: having trouble getting pregnant at 40

Anonymous said...

Hiya. I was thinking of adding a website link back to your blog since both of our websites are based mostly around the same niche.
Would you prefer I link to you using your site address:
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4606682639023284446&postID=4651475682453191743 or blog
title: Blogger: Aubrey & Lindsay's Little House Blog. Please let me know at your earliest convenience. Kudos

Here is my blog post: emergency refrigerator repairs

Anonymous said...

Hi! My wife and I often write guest posts for other weblog owners to help increase publicity to our work,
as well as provide superb content to website owners. It really is a win win situation!
If you're interested feel free to e-mail me at: minerva_worthy@hotmail.de so we may communicate further. Thanks alot :)!

Feel free to visit my weblog: refrigerator freezer repair (ChicagoES4s-Homes.soup.io)

Anonymous said...

Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm
thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer
but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any recommendations for first-time blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.


Feel free to visit my web blog; 24 hour appliance repair

Post a Comment

I love comments. If you disagree with something I've said, or would like to add something thoughtful to the discussion, I'd love to hear it! Please refrain from rudeness. Points can be made in thoughtful, considerate ways.