Friday, November 2, 2012

holiday ornament project....

I know that likely none of you are thinking "Holidays". But I'm posting this now, vs. later because it's a little time sensitive (read below). Do any of you remember the really cute Christmas Tree Ornament DIY that was posted over on Creature Comforts in 2008? I thought it was the cutest project ever - She took ordinary (cute) puzzle pieces, drilled holes and turned them into ornaments.


Read more after the jump....
Even though I loved that project I've never been able to bring myself to drill holes into any of my puzzles - or spend lots of money on  new sets. So since 2008 I've mentally bookmarked this project for one day when I found the perfect puzzle piece....



Last night I saw some magnets on Zulily and remembered this project.  So I purchased four boxes to finally recreate this. High Fives all around. I bought Sea Creatures, Trains, Emergency Vehicles and Favourite Pets. Although I won't turn every single one into an ornaments, I loved the idea of using them as gift toppers and well, for their intended purpose as magnets. :) I wanted to show you now, because the magnets are on sale for another 24 hours and at a pretty nice price for this DIY Project.

I'll show you the "after" once I get my delivery. Anyhow, I thought you may like to do the same.

xo Linds

Again, as mentioned before, Zulily has a referral program so if you're referred by me, and buy something I get some shop credits. But you can totally bypass giving me credits if you visit the site without following my links. I've gone a little shop happy since discovering this site. Sorry for all the posts on shopping!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this article is good, my sister is analyzing these kinds of things, therefore I
am going to convey her.

Feel free to visit my blog please click the next post

Anonymous said...

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession
capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog
posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement
you access consistently quickly.

my web site ... travel

Anonymous said...

Very descriptive blog, I loved that bit. Will there
be a part 2?

my homepage ... vakantieparken frankrijk

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you might be a
great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and
may come back later on. I want to encourage you continue your great posts,
have a nice holiday weekend!

My webpage; vakantiehuisje frankrijk

Anonymous said...

It is not my first time to visit this website, i am browsing this site dailly and
obtain good facts from here daily.

Feel free to visit my homepage :: huis huren frankrijk

Anonymous said...

I have read so many content concerning the blogger lovers but this
piece of writing is really a pleasant piece of writing, keep it up.


Also visit my blog post ... vakantiehuisjes in frankrijk (vakantiehuisjesinfrankrijk.wordpress.com)

Post a Comment

I love comments. If you disagree with something I've said, or would like to add something thoughtful to the discussion, I'd love to hear it! Please refrain from rudeness. Points can be made in thoughtful, considerate ways.