Thursday, January 24, 2013

kids / rocks + paint




I'm all over the place. NFL videos, bathroom renos, photo shoots of Valentine's Day stamps. I guess that is reflective of the fun times over here this week. Anyways, this is such a ridiculously simple craft for kids I resist posting it but I think sometimes the simplest of projects are overlooked. This turned out to be a huge hit with Oscar and resulted in a few days of fun. Collect rocks at beach. Awesome adventure. Bring home the rocks and paint them. Get messy - super fun. While painting talk about mixing colours. Educational. When the rocks dry, you shellac them and the little one now has cool treasures. A lot of "I made that!!" is said by the toddler. End result - awesome, cheap craft. Yup. I just posted about painting rocks.

Ps., Oscar gave Aubrey a rock that he painted and that I shellac'd for his desk at work as a paper weight. They make the cutest gifts.

Ps., Truthfully I thought it was over his head to talk about mixing colours, but a few days later I overheard Oscar was telling family how when you mix red and blue you get purple. I don't give him enough credit sometimes - little ones soak it all in.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you're going
to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
Here is my webpage play for money

Anonymous said...

When someone writes an article he/she keeps the thought of a user in his/her mind that how a user
can be aware of it. So that's why this post is outstdanding. Thanks!
Here is my web page : inc buy Stocks

Post a Comment

HOWDY! Comments on this blog have been disabled as we've moved blogs.
To comment on this blog post, simply look at the web address of this post and select http://aubreyandlindsay.blogspot.ca/ and delete it and replace it with www.lindsaystephenson.com/blog/ and you will be brought to the exact same post, over on our new site - where you can comment and we'll reply!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.