Thursday, January 17, 2013

turning off the auto focus


Aubrey, Oscar and I headed to the beach yesterday to skip and collect cool shaped rocks. I brought my DSLR with me to snap some photos of Oscar. Partly through snapping I ended up switching off the auto focus. It's something I've experimented with over the years. By turning it off, and manually adjusting the focus, you can keep things slightly blurry. (or really blurry depending on how much you adjust it) I did it at Christmas time in this post and really liked the effect. And the Summer of 2011 I experimented with turning off the auto focus while walking through the forest as you can see in the first shot. Looking at the photo of Aubrey and Oscar above reminds me a wee bit of a print in Thom Fillicia's Lake House. (I especially love this one) It's amazing how switching off the auto focus and blurring things just a wee bit, can make a photo more beautiful.  Just a little something creative that is super easy to do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apρrentice even as уou amend youг web sіte, hoω coulԁ
і ѕubsсribе for a weblog wеb site?
The acсount аіded me а aρplicable
deal. I had been tiny bit acquаіnted of thiѕ уour brоadcast
offered brillіаnt transρaгent сoncept

My web page - sell reupholstered chairs
My webpage: flip antiques for profit

Anonymous said...

I go to see day-to-day some websites and sites to read articles, but this weblog gives quality based posts.
Also visit my page real money slots online

Anonymous said...

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Safari.

I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know.
The layout look great though! Hope you get the problem resolved soon.

Cheers
Feel free to surf my blog post : click through the up coming page

Anonymous said...

My coder is trying to persuade me to move
to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.

But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on numerous websites
for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform.

I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net. Is there a
way I can transfer all my wordpress posts into it? Any kind of
help would be greatly appreciated!

Look into my web-site: Raspberry ketone

Anonymous said...

Hi there, always i used to check webpage posts here
in the early hours in the break of day, since i like to find out more and more.


Also visit my site - Christian tee shirt(s)

Anonymous said...

What's up friends, good paragraph and nice urging commented at this place, I am really enjoying by these.

Here is my homepage - übersetzung niederländisch deutsch kostenlos

Post a Comment

I love comments. If you disagree with something I've said, or would like to add something thoughtful to the discussion, I'd love to hear it! Please refrain from rudeness. Points can be made in thoughtful, considerate ways.