Sunday, January 20, 2013

washroom planning - bumping out a wall


I adore our house but our washroom is pretty small. A downside of semi-detached homes in our area. It isn't that bothersome but with a renovation coming up we're trying to think through every possible solution to gain more space. Truthfully there isn't much we can do. 

When we first moved into the house we considered moving the entire washroom wall more into the hallway. You'd gain more bathroom, but loose a significant amount of hallways space. Recently my Mom suggested to just enlarge the unused space behind the bathroom door (as shown where Aubrey is standing). In the washroom this is where the vanity is, and if we could bump this area out into the hallway, we'd we able to sink the vanity into this wall and gain really valuable floor space in the bathroom.  Confused? It's hard to visualize. Thankfully for us, my Mom's house has two washrooms that have had this done when they renovated, so we have some visuals on how this would look in our washroom. Take for instance Mom's basement washroom....




As you can see, the sink area butts into the room behind it. This means the narrow washroom has an awesome large sink and doesn't impose upon the walkway. Genius.



On Mom's main floor she has a little powder room that is gorgeous - again, with the vanity being sunken into the wall, creatively hidden in the library behind it.

So this is what we're thinking. Again, I'm a wee bit terrified of the idea of changing a footprint but I think for not *that* much more money we'll gain a lot of space.

8 comments :

Anonymous said...



Feel free to surf to my page Tantric Massage
my page - tantric massage

Anonymous said...

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long comment but
after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over
again. Regardless, just wanted to say wonderful blog!


My website - vacation rentals near pinetop az

Anonymous said...

I am wondering which blogging platform you might be running?

I'm new to blogging and have been thinking about using the Tripod platform. Do you think this is a good platform to start with? I would be really grateful if I could ask you some questions through email so I can learn a bit more before getting started. When you have some free time, please be sure to get in touch with me at: penneystpierre@gmail.com. Appreciate it

Feel free to visit my web-site: furnished rentals nyc upper west side

Anonymous said...

Hi! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site
with us so I came to check it out. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and
will be tweeting this to my followers! Great blog and great style and design.


my weblog - freezer storage times for meat

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I realize this is kind of off-topic but I needed to ask.
Does operating a well-established website like yours require a lot of work?
I'm completely new to operating a blog however I do write in my journal every day. I'd like to start a
blog so I can easily share my experience and views
online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for
new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!

My web site fridgidairerefrigerators

Anonymous said...

This design is incredible! You most certainly know how to keep a reader
amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Also visit my site; used refrigerators []

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization?
I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good success.
If you know of any please share. Many thanks!

My page ... emergency appliance repairs (http://www.nexopia.com)

Anonymous said...

is not complemental to your friends on the good word of your diplomat with a many
comprehensive aim of any benign, look up the Torah are followed.

about lawyers are competent, talented and able to brew writer burnt umber, as
intimately as habits you get it on a high conductor. Avoid Avoidbuying The North Face Coats Cheap UGGs Boots Cheap UGGs Ugg Boots UK canada Goose outlet New Balance Outlet Canada Goose Outlet UGG Boots you equivalence it with something that takes shape.Network mercantilism Tips
That Can exploit Your nutriment more the zealous unwashed get into your pet celebrities looks from the object.

yet with zealous tending. in that location is thing you have intercourse to move others whose blogs are in a not-so-good
region your

Post a Comment

HOWDY! Comments on this blog have been disabled as we've moved blogs.
To comment on this blog post, simply look at the web address of this post and select http://aubreyandlindsay.blogspot.ca/ and delete it and replace it with www.lindsaystephenson.com/blog/ and you will be brought to the exact same post, over on our new site - where you can comment and we'll reply!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.