Sunday, February 3, 2013

New York City

I have decided to just post ALL of my photos from my trip to NYC into one monster blog post so if you're interested in the shots from my trip to New York and what we did, everything is after the jump. As a side note, I took all of the photos with my iphone. Although I brought my DSLR and used it on occasion, I was surprised at how much I just did with my phone. It was so convenient, easy to snap a photo on the go, and doesn't scream "tourist". The security guy at the airport, before I had to get scanned and patted down for weapons/drugs started telling me that iphones now have lens attachments? What?! Anyways, I was so flustered that the security guy was making conversation that I got super ackward and scurried away. We had a few ackward encounters with secutrity. Anyways, that's for another day. More shots after the jump. :)




After walking the gift show all Monday, we took Tuesday to explore New York a little bit by foot. The first stop in the morning was we walked to The Frick Collection. It was amazing.  We had a personal tour by our family friend who we were staying with -  who not only has a love of art like Mom and I do, but he knew quite a bit about the art collection and the home of Henry Frick - so the tour was perhaps my favourite part of the day. After that we three walked to Central Park -  The day had spring like temperatures, so we were pampered a bit for the walk. For lunch we dined at The Loeb Boathouse restaurant in the park.



After the park, we took to just walk around as I was especially taken with the architecture in the city. I am just in awe of the details. We were lucky to be staying in an amazing neighbourhood so the variety in homes/buildings was fascinating. I had originally intended to get to the MOMA but I was a bit in sensory overload mode. So I'll save more galleries for my next trip.




We walked to Ladurée, that was newly opened (within the last year) and I indulged in a Pistachio Macron. It was heavenly. The night before I had indulged in my very first Sprinkles cupcake which also was worth the indulgence. It unintentionally became a "food" trip rather quickly. We of course visited FAO Schwarz where I picked Oscar up some goodies and giggled with friends. I'm hitting myself for not buying one of those masks. I never really got into Disney- but I am a Jim Henson fan so I got giddy at the Muppet Workshop in FAO.


At night we went to see Once on Broadway. It was amazing. The voice of the main woman "Girl" played by Cristin Milioti gave me goosebumps. We walked home after the show and walked through Times Square, Rockefeller Centre. I adore this city at night - the architecture that I love is put on display with all of the lights.




Wednesday morning we were picked up and headed back to the airport. (We flew Porter, so the airport was in New Jersey). I stocked up on magazines, coffee and Mom and I sat and enjoyed the Porter Lounge. Before we knew it we were landing home, and Oscar was enjoying some of the goodies I brought him back from my adventure. (His NYC Rescue Vehicle set, that he wanted to play with in the sink).

And that, my friends, was my NYC trip. So much fun. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest
authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My site goes over a lot of the same subjects as
yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you are interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!
Excellent blog by the way!

My web site; amateurlandscapes.weebly.com

Anonymous said...

Heya! I know this is kind of off-topic but
I had to ask. Does running a well-established website like yours require a massive amount work?
I'm completely new to writing a blog but I do write in my journal on a daily basis. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and feelings online.

Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for brand
new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!

my homepage - discreetphysici13.postbit.com

Anonymous said...

Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

Also visit my blog :: converting slides and negatives to digital images

Anonymous said...

It's going to be finish of mine day, except before end I am reading this fantastic post to increase my know-how.

Here is my weblog diets that work fast for Women

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I'm assuming having a blog
like yours would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% certain.

Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Here is my site; viavio.net

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that
automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Here is my web site; http://www.islamtone.allalla.com/index.php?do=/profile-2308/info

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading?

I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's
the blog. Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.



Feel free to surf to my blog ... holidays to vietnam

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I actually believe that this site needs far more
attention. I'll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the information!

Feel free to visit my web page :: tour in vietnam

Anonymous said...

Hey there this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use
WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Here is my homepage; http://elucidly.com/members/warnerbol/activity/9669

Anonymous said...

Outstanding quest there. What occurred after? Take care!


Have a look at my web-site: tours in vietnam

Post a Comment

I love comments. If you disagree with something I've said, or would like to add something thoughtful to the discussion, I'd love to hear it! Please refrain from rudeness. Points can be made in thoughtful, considerate ways.