Sunday, April 21, 2013

the shower system saga ....


The shower system -  I had been putting off this decision for awhile as I wasn't confident on the style of shower system (modern or traditional) and I also wasn't clear on what I needed to look for. I'm not sure why it was such a scary purchase, but I was really delaying this decision. With the washroom reno starting next week, I got a gentle push to make a decision from Aubrey who kindly reminded me that he needed to have the shower system on hand to be able to start the reno. Ooops.

I ended up going with my Mom to TAPS to talk to Daniel who is my go-to-guy for questions about choices like this. When I went to the store I had come to the conclusion that I really wanted a traditional shower system, much like this and immediately after walking into the shop I saw the top two shower heads and fell in love. Daniel at TAPS (who I had help me with the kitchen renovation choices) first asked me if it was just a shower, or, a shower/tub combo. Apparently it does make a difference. Cue the record screeching to a halt.

You see, since we have a shower/tub combo he explained that the systems I was falling in love with weren't compatible with a shower/bathtub combo...You can't just add on a bathtub filler, when you have the Rainhead and a handheld. You need a system that has a 3 way diverter.* Ok, I'm getting confused even trying to re-create the conversation because all I heard was "You can't have that". Heart. Broken. Does any of that make sense? Basically I thought you could just add on a tub filler to any system out there. Apparently that's not how it works.

So going back to the drawing board I really liked the idea of the rainhead and a handheld (the handheld was a non-negotiable for me) and Daniel showed me a kit that was on special that had the rainhead, the handheld AND was made for the bathtub too. It took me awhile to come to the realization that the top two traditional designs were not going to be possible and ended up going for the kit. I know it will look substantial when installed in the new washroom so I think I'll get the look I wanted, even if it's not super traditional.

Oh, and I picked that super beautiful faucet too. Again, I was pretty in love with a lot of traditional faucets but they all were for three hole vanities and, well, the vanity we picked has one hole. Bah. Foiled again.

Check that off my list.

TAPS Bath Centre in Toronto, my go to guy is Daniel Scheffel  He's helped me in every purchase and also was the go to guy for my Mom's renovation.


*I think I also understood that it may be possible to make some systems a 3 way but it would have cost a LOT of money and potentially a lot more work. 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

my web site - golden retriever info

Anonymous said...

Hi! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this page to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

my web site Useful Reference

Anonymous said...

Helping optimistic people excel - in 7 areas of
life is her mission. Even if your small business
doesn't have some sort of refrigerator (a rarity today) you can choose vegetable and fruit that do not even require refrigeration. Get your heart rate up with a quick burst of fast movement.

my web-site: http://www.bizbook.ir/index.php?do=/profile-495/info/

Anonymous said...

Generally, they're visuals that will be revised by means of enthusiast combined with listed on numerous comedy internet pages. Sometimes we sing some English songs, and I encouraged the students practise their English through the way of singing. therefore no worries and suspend with a correct approach of chat and fun together with your loved ones.

Feel free to visit my weblog :: mmka.chem.univ.gda.pl

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very easy on
the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to
come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create
your theme? Outstanding work!

Feel free to surf to my weblog - more http://www.golden-retriever-guide.com/golden-retriever-lab-mix/ stuff

Anonymous said...

At this time it looks like Wordpress is the preferred blogging platform available right now.
(from what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?


My web blog; handy english golden retriever temperament facts

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the primary time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to present something again and aid others such as you helped me.

Visit my web page: Juice extractors

Anonymous said...

If you are exercising every day, the fat you burn will be harnessed into muscle.
Besides, people who are drinking enough fluids is a day usually have clearer complexion so drink up.
Most of us love it; going to Mac - Donald or
Burger King from time to time.

Here is my homepage: fitness tips articles

Anonymous said...

I've listened to this a dozen or more times and still find it delightful and sooooo original in concept. We realize that we don't need to listen to outside authorities; we are not guided by our internal authority.
It's more than just doing the right things or being involved in a good opportunity.

my web site: Latest Daily News

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this website. I really hope to view the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my very own blog now ;)

Also visit my web-site: Check My Blog

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this website. I really hope to view the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my very own blog now ;)

Also visit my site Check My Blog

Anonymous said...

Why visitors still use to read news papers when in this technological world everything
is presented on net?

Feel free to surf to my web page: power Juicer elite

Anonymous said...

I have to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this blog.
I'm hoping to view the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own blog now ;)

My web page; http://www.ozino.com/questions/2756/can-hot-buns-help-manage-naturally-curly-hair

Anonymous said...

This is my first time visit at here and i am genuinely pleassant to read everthing at alone place.


Check out my page: juice recipes for juicers

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a really clear clarification of the challenges.

It was truly informative. Your website is very
helpful. Thank you for sharing!

Also visit my web blog - tv products

Post a Comment

I love comments. If you disagree with something I've said, or would like to add something thoughtful to the discussion, I'd love to hear it! Please refrain from rudeness. Points can be made in thoughtful, considerate ways.