Monday, July 8, 2013

black vs. white




When we first moved in, I painted the railing high gloss black. Over the years it has shown signs of wear so over the weekend I primed it so I could repaint it high gloss black in latex. But when I primed it - I debated whether high gloss white would be a refreshing change? I posted it to Instagram and Facebook and the majority weighed in with the choice of black - some pointing out that white will show dirt way more. Which kind of sealed the deal - so I'm going to go back to painting it high gloss black. But I still kind of love the white railing..... Ugh. Thoughts?

Ps., You can also see what else is getting a change in the background of these pictures...I've grown tired of the pillows on the bench in the kitchen and I'm on the hunt for something new.

*I bought Jet Black from Benjamin Moore to paint the railing and it looks grey - anything BUT Jet black. Ugh. So I'm going to go on the hunt for just basic high gloss black. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. If you disagree with something I've said, or would like to add something thoughtful to the discussion, I'd love to hear it! Please refrain from rudeness. Points can be made in thoughtful, considerate ways.