Friday, September 20, 2013

bits + pieces from this week



Happy Friday! This week went by rather quickly. Aubrey, Oscar and I were hit with some sickies thanks to Oscar starting pre-school. Sigh. Oscar is in pre-school. Although I love staying home with the little dude, I knew that in prep for junior kindergarten next year I should enroll him in a program that got him (and I) used to being apart. And after a rough first week I'm thankful that we no longer had tears in the mornings. :) It will be good for him, and it's also good for me. I must say, having three mornings a week free is heaven.

Aubrey and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. My Mom came to watch Oscar and we got all dressed up and headed to Ruby Watch Co. for dinner. I had heard so many amazing things about this place that I was eager to try it out. And it did NOT disappoint.  Over dinner we talked about next year - and whether we should travel for our 10th wedding anniversary. Paris, London - I'm not sure where we will go, but it's so romantic to talk about it over the nicest dinner.

The house is a mess. I'm purging my belongings, having a garage sale tomorrow and selling things on Kijiji. My tastes are forever changing and I'm not craving cleaner, lighter things - so things like this beautiful - but ornate bulletin board have found a new home.  Someone on Instagram in response to one of my "purging" posts mentioned that I must be under the sign of cancer (which I am!) as those under this zodiac sign tend to purge often. It got me reading a bit more into my sign - I find this stuff terribly interesting - I especially love this quote ... "but sometimes they become moody and refuse to leave. They can, quite literally, be crabby."  I'm sure Aubrey will find that one quite accurate. ;)

Have a great weekend! xo Linds

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. If you disagree with something I've said, or would like to add something thoughtful to the discussion, I'd love to hear it! Please refrain from rudeness. Points can be made in thoughtful, considerate ways.